Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Need kitchen cabinet hollow dimensions on the bottom

Mikepier wrote:
Part of my kitchen reno job was to take out a wall and re-route a
heat duct that had been in that wall. I was going to run it between
the floor joists in the basement and up through the floor
underneath one of my kitchen cabinets, and out the front similiar
to a kick space heater. It's actually a 36"X36" lazy susan. I
don't have the cabinets yet , but I wanted to at least rough in the
ductwork before laying my tile down. My question is are these
cabinets pretty much hollow on the bottom? Or are there supports at
various locations?

No supports, just anti-gravity devices

The sides of each cabinet touchs the floor as does the vertical in the
back of the kick space. Possibly the back of the cabinet too. There
*could* be other pieces but they are not usual.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...