Posted to alt.autos,alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Connecting an Alternator to horse drawn buggy

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:32:37 -0000, (Chris
Lewis) wrote:

According to :
Actually the solar panels are probably only a reasonable idea if they
park the buggy outside, I would think.

Given how long their trips take, and mostly during the day at that
where lighting isn't necessary, it's probably not an issue.

Someone would have to do some simple calculations with specs
on candidate components to figure out how much daylight they'd
need.

Can't be too impractical, otherwise, solar lights wouldn't work -
usually capable of 8 hours or so using only a square inch or
two of collector and a single AA battery. Scale it up to a 4x4
or larger collector, and reasonably well chosen LED lights, I'm
sure it'd work quite well. Except after long period of truly
abysmal weather.

Actually, their Sunday church services begin around sunrise and they
generally do not come home until 9 or 10 pm. It's more than "church".
They have a meal or two, the youngers ones play games later in the
day, the older ones socialize and discuss their business and horses.
They can not do any work on Sundays except to care for their horses
and other animals. They work most of the time the other 6 days of the
week, so Sunday is their day to relax. My point is that they often
come home from their Sunday worship after dark, particularly when the
days are shorter. Some travel 10 to 15 miles each way. Those horses
do work hard at times.