Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] seekingnewhome@myway.com is offline

Default Question about Comfortglow gas heater from DESA Tech. Do you have one like these?

Hi.

I have an older model of this kind and I have no clue how much it
would cost me to operate this thing during the winter.

I called a DESA technican who told me that if I run it at its maximum
I would use 29.133 cubic foot per hour. A woman of my gas company
wrote me that a cubic feet gas per hour costs in my area 0.27 cents.

Good grief, that would mean that I use USD 7.87 per hour when I
operate this heater? Can this be?

I checked the information on the heater. It says nothing about ccf but
BTU. It says that operated at maximum it the heater would use 30,000
BTU. But I have no clue what BTU means.

What do you say?

Leo