Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Suggestions for Rental Unit

"SMS ???. ?" wrote in message
I'm remodeling a townhouse I own, and I need to replace three toilets.

Any suggestions as to toilets that are better than others in terms of
minimal maintenance of things like the flush mechanism and minimal
clogging?

I've had three Toto Drake toilets in my house for about three years and
have been happy with them, but they are rather expensive. I can get $125
per toilet rebate from my local water board, and would like to keep the
new toilets at $250 or less ($125 each after rebate).

When your tenants stuff the toilets and they're clueless about what to do
next, who will handle the problem? You, or a plumber? If a plumber, you
might want to factor that cost in your decision. Know what I mean?

Consumer Reports (who I know isn't perfect blah blah blah) did a pretty good
series of toilet tests using creatively designed fake turds. You might want
to hit the library, or go to www.consumerreports.org and pay seven bucks for
brief access to the reviews.