Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dchou4u@hotmail.com is offline

Default Fluorescent lighting conversion

On Nov 8, 4:55 pm, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Are they 120V fixtures running on a 120V AC circuit powered by battery
power or are they designed to run on DC or a non standard AC current?

wrote in message

ps.com...

Hello, can anyone tip me on how I can easily convert battery backed-up
office fluorescent lighting that are on non-switched circuits to
become normal fluorescent lighting on switched circuits? Will it work
if I just disconnect the lighting from the battery, and rewire the
fixture to a switched circuit?

Thanks

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

They are just normal fluorescent lighting that you see in most
offices. These have batteries in them and are on all the time. They
are mainly used to provide normal office lighting, with the benefit of
being ON should the there be a power failure. They are AC powered.