Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Lets all buy from Sears

On Nov 8, 1:33 pm, "ANovice" wrote:
Subject: Sears - Christmas shopping has already started

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice.
Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't
withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at
Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing
more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of
being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all
benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up
reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be
recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure
to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the
positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following
e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead
of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate
your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young
men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden
they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care

1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for
this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do
appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp(shows the entire article)

I've got kind of a funny story about Sears...at best they were an
unknowing victim of their ad agency, at worst they were knowingly
dishonest.

I have a friend who lives in one of the more upscale neighborhoods in
our area. Real nice house, beautiful landscaping.

One Sunday morning she's enjoying a cup of coffee while flipping
through the ad's in the paper. She comes across the Sears insert and
right there on the front page is a picture of her house along with
some text extolling the quality of Sears roofing and siding services.
The thing is, Sears had nothing to do with siding or roofing their
house. It was all done by the custom builder they used for the rest of
the house. Now, the ad never said "Here's an example of our work", but
it was obvious that whoever put the ad together wanted to make a real
nice impression.

As it turns out, the husband is a lawyer, so he wrote a very nice
letter asking Sears to stop using his house in their ads. Next week's
flyer had a different house in the ad.