Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rwnelson39@gmail.com is offline

Default how to get rid of large paper hornet/wasp nest in attic?

On Nov 8, 4:22 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

ups.com...

There is a very large paper wasp or hornets nest inside my attic,
attached to the interior of the gable attic vent. It was active last
summer, but I don't see any activity now, so it may be abandoned. The
temperature here has been between 35-55 degrees. Never a hard freeze
yet. However, these things just freak me out, and I don't want to
chance waking up a dormant hive.

The nest is actually built up against the wall, not just hanging like
a tear drop, so I would have to scrape it off the wall or something.

I want to insulate my attic and also install a bathroom fan, so I'd
like to get rid of the nest first.

What is the best way to remove it without getting stung?

You say it was active last summer. Do you mean this summer, or the one before?
If the one before, and no activity this summer, just scrape it off.

Bob

I mean this summer.

Rob