Posted to alt.home.repair
Rodger[_2_] Rodger[_2_] is offline

Default checking floor for being level

Don Phillipson wrote:
J wrote:
From what I read, laminate flooring manufacturers want a floor within
3/16-inch across 20'. What tool can I use across a floor to
determine how level it is? A 4' level doesn't do much good.

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Marble?

A whole bag of marbles is better, strewn everywhere on
the floor. If they tend to roll together, this probably
indicates a low spot.

Use a bag of marbles (or bearings) that are 3/16 of an inch in diameter -
you can then go to the edge of the room and place your head on the floor
(facing the conflagration of marbles) and if you see any, then you're good
to go!

- Rodger