Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Insulating steam pipes

All I know is IT WORKS!!! Was cheap and easy to work with. If I can
comfrtably hold a steam pipe I know its reflecting and/or containing
the heat.. R value is meaningless in a situation like this where
results are what matter. Aesthetics also play a role as well. I'll
take the silver look of reflectix over the half-a**ed look of wall
insulation wired over the pipes.

Reflextic has little R value, What is its certified R value, im in
dought it has anything close to its advertisement. Ive had fiberglass
on pipes for 20 years, since when does Fiber Glass dry out, For value
of true R value Fiberglass, then Pipe insulation the reflextic would
be last- Hide quoted text -