Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Pros/Cons of brad-point and twist bits?

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have sorted through my drill bits and wondered about the differences
between brad and twist drill bits. I mostly drill holes in wood, much
less so in metal or plastics. Are both HSS? Are all bits Made in
China?

I try never to use an ordinary twist bit when wood working. I much prefer
the brad point bit to cut a clean hole with no tear out.

BTY there is a big difference in the brad point bits, typically they have 3
sharp points to start a clean cut.

Both can be made out of HSS and can be made in China, Germany, USA, etc.