Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default how to get rid of large paper hornet/wasp nest in attic?

"Rob" wrote

There is a very large paper wasp or hornets nest inside my attic,
attached to the interior of the gable attic vent. It was active last
summer, but I don't see any activity now, so it may be abandoned. The
temperature here has been between 35-55 degrees. Never a hard freeze
yet. However, these things just freak me out, and I don't want to
chance waking up a dormant hive.

I'd be spooked too.

Idea? See if others find this useful or have better ideas?

If you can 'seal' the attic temporarily with plastic taped down around any
exterior side openings (a large trashbag over the gable vent?), then be able
to vacate the house for several hours (pets too!), you may be able to just
toss several bugboms up there. Ones that say they kill wasps etc?

What is the best way to remove it without getting stung?

Have a incest company come in and do it grin.