Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Connecting an Alternator to horse drawn buggy

The Freon Cowboy wrote:
cant beleive a fully charged deep cycle would only last 8 hours in this
instance , unless they are using headlights also ,

I expect they are. I agree with you that a generator is the way to go. They
were used for years on both cars and airplanes and will generate electricity
with virtually any movement at all. The reason the auto and aircraft industry
shifted to alternators was the more even output. A car with a generator would
darken its lights markedly at a red light whereas a car equipped with an
alternator would not.

You can get one at JC Whitney for as little as $84.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...001596/c-10101

(Sorry for the long URL... alternately just go to http://jcwhitney.com and do a
search for "generator".

--