Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Are you divorced/divorcing? PLEASE fill out this survey.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:29:42 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

Kate wrote:

Or even worse the bloodsuckers that screw a man finacially for years
with alimony.

Move to a state with no alimony (i.e., Texas). File for divorce there.

If, for example, you live in New York and your spouse files for divorce, zip
to Nevada or Texas or Florida, set up residence and get the divorce there,
while stalling the proceedings in New York.

Once divorced in, say, Florida, the New York proceeding is mooted (you can't
divorce someone from which you're already divorced).

This is one of the things lawyers don't tell you (a New York lawyer won't
mention it because he doesn't get a fee for your Nevada actions).

I'll never get married. It's so stupid that a man/woman has to prove
s/he's single to buy property or a house. But, to buy a vehicle they
don't care about marital status. I wish the government would stay out
of our personal lives. Letting each state define marriage is stupid
as well. I wonder how many dated a "single" person when really they
were secretly married?