Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default Q on Romex gauges and outlets

wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:37:33 -0800, "Mamba" wrote:

Jeff was on it. GFCIs use a hole in the back but you still have to
tighten the screw. It is a clamp plate. The good side is you can use
both holes so you can have 2 wires in each terminal.

OK, thanks all. I was under the mistaken impression that the push-holes
were the desired usage when available. Guess I have a few other outlets I
should re-do.

Call me curious, but just why is using the holes such a bad idea? Seems
pretty straightforward and idiot-proof, assuming the wire fits ;-)