Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Sony Betamax SL-HF750 problem. HELP!

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:17:33 -0800, rockinnomo
wrote:

I have a Sony Betamax SL-HF750 with a problem. This is the model where
the tape loader is in a drawer that skates out like a CD player does.
The wormdrive motor starts and stops so the drawer wont come open. No
foreign objects or broken parts visible under the hood. Any clues for
how to fix it? My tech and I are baffled.
Harvey

There's a switch near the motor which detects whether it's open, or
closed. Definitely check this. The worm gear can crack where it's
pressed onto the motor shaft. Check the wiring to the motor and
sensor switch.
Andy Cuffe