Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default OT - sewing machine repair

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to SteveB :

[ ... ]

I got a Singer 111W155 Walking Foot that was manufactured in 1957
according
to the serial number. It will sew a lot of stuff, including leather, but
bought it to do canvas awnings and shade cloth material, which it will do
without breaking a sweat. I have yet to break it out and try it. I do
know
an EXCELLENT sewing machine repairman in Las Vegas that has been fixing
and
redoing machines for thirty odd years. I will probably take it to him
first
just to be sure.

Problem is, I got the base and motor, and everything that came with it
new,
and it' a moose to move. And I probably paid too much for it
$250.

Interestingly enough, I use my little Singer 221B (folding
portable) occasionally for sewing leather, and it works quite well for
the task. (Granted, it is not particularly thick leather which I sew,
but it is still leather. ;-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Was it LaSorda or Yogi who said, "It ain't bragging if you can do it"?

Steve