Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Is there a way to remove a thin layer of concrete?

MiamiCuse wrote:

I hired a concrete contractor to lay some concrete blocks and frame a window
opening. In the process of mixing/pouring/forming the concrete, he spilled
quite a bit of concrete onto my deck which is red brick with black grout.
Now I have a thin layer of concrete on top of my deck about 40 square foot
or so. I mentioned it to him and he said I am responsible to prep the area
and I should know it's going to be messy.

I tried to scape it off and it's not coming off. I don't know if there is a
tool to chip them out or am I stucked with replacing my entire deck if I
can't find 40SF of matching bricks.

MC

When my mom added a room onto her house, the concrete work for the slab
was done badly, resulting in noticeable dip and hill on the floor. The
same jerk who did that work came back and used some sort of grinder to
level the floor. It helped. With vinyl flooring, you couldn't see the
unevenness but could feel it walking across the room. Don't know what
it entails, or if possible for use on brick, but something to explore.