Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Ceiling Fan Direction

In article , LouB
wrote:

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , phaeton
wrote:
Does it *really* matter? Either you're pushing air down the center of
the room and causing it to rise up the walls, or you're pulling air up
the center of the room and causing it to fall down the walls.

Besides, I can't reach the direction switch on the one in my living
room. I have a 5' ladder and a 14' ceiling.

Blowing down will make people feel cooler -- good in summer.

In the winter, you probably want it blowing upwards -- but
maybe you don't need to run it at all during winter. And it
don't matter which way it's blowing if it ain't blowin'.

LOL!!!

Hell, I want some circulation in the winter with eight foot ceilings,
and the OP has 14'. Heat rises.