Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnnyC JohnnyC is offline

Default Is there a way to remove a thin layer of concrete?

You mentioned black grout? if you can't make any headway with the
contractor, the court, or the shot blast...
Can you get the brick up, turn them over, then regrout the area?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I hired a concrete contractor to lay some concrete blocks and frame a
window opening. In the process of mixing/pouring/forming the concrete, he
spilled quite a bit of concrete onto my deck which is red brick with black
grout. Now I have a thin layer of concrete on top of my deck about 40
square foot or so. I mentioned it to him and he said I am responsible to
prep the area and I should know it's going to be messy.

I tried to scape it off and it's not coming off. I don't know if there is
a tool to chip them out or am I stucked with replacing my entire deck if I
can't find 40SF of matching bricks.

MC