Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT - sewing machine repair

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:22:57 +1100, "x" wrote:

snip
this one, and i think also the other, gets stuck in reverse. When opened, i
can return it to forwards by applying a moderate amount of assistance to the
spring return, but there is no way it will return by itself. This machine
has 'lifetime lubrication' so there is no way to add oil. The action is
smooth, but stiff.

snip

I have heard/rumor that they use Teflon bearing surfaces.
Don't know how this would be done. The machine (Husqvarna)
that I've stuck my nose into looked much the same as any
other that needs lube. I did use some Singer Sewing Machine
oil in this same machine (most any store carries this, try
the Walmart sewing area). As far as I can tell it didn't
have any ill effects. It really bothered me to see all the
dry bearing surfaces in it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b