Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:31:41 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

In article , Blue&White wrote:
My biggest hurdle the first time and second, has been the finishing.
THE FINISHING IS A ROYAL PAIN!!

If you think that's bad, try re-finishing!!!

Used poly the first time around - brushed on. Pain.

Why?

-snip-

Because brushing, brushing, brushing, ad infinitum is Bo-ring. Came
out looking fine, held up real well, it seemed like the brushing never
ended.

Yes, spraying is not altogether simple, what with clean up and such,
but once you figure things out, it beats brushing by a LONG shot on
bigger projects.

I may end up brushing the last few drawer fronts (7 of 'em) and a
couple of doors since it's getting too cold to spray outside. I'm not
really set up to spray non water based stuff inside and it'd be more
trouble to do a set up than just brush the few remaining pieces.

Renata