Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Is there a way to remove a thin layer of concrete?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I hired a concrete contractor to lay some concrete blocks and frame a
window opening. In the process of mixing/pouring/forming the concrete, he
spilled quite a bit of concrete onto my deck which is red brick with black
grout. Now I have a thin layer of concrete on top of my deck about 40
square foot or so. I mentioned it to him and he said I am responsible to
prep the area and I should know it's going to be messy.

I tried to scape it off and it's not coming off. I don't know if there is
a tool to chip them out or am I stucked with replacing my entire deck if I
can't find 40SF of matching bricks.

Hopefully you will find a good solution (though I rather doubt it).
But if push comes to shove, I don't think a Judge will hold you responsible
for his mess. If he didn't think you prepped properly he should have either
refused to do it or put you on notice.