Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan Jordan is offline

Default OT - sewing machine repair

The sewing machine I really want is the antique Singer cobbler's sewing
machine that has been in the family since the 1920's. Over the past few
decades it's sewn up riding boots, leathers, and seat covers, and ought
to last another century!

Jon

That sounds like a patching machine, with a big truss across the top?

During school holidays in the late '60s I had a job doing final assembly
on imported Singers. They had a shopfront, and someone had traded in her
old Pfaff. The mechanics were marvelling at how it could do about 1,000
stitches in a few seconds, each one perfect. "Wish ours could do that",
said one of them. The Singers made then were pretty horrible.