Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How Is This Switch Wired?

On Nov 6, 1:16 pm, (Chris Lewis) wrote:
According to DerbyDad03 :

As far as using an extension ring...well... it's a finished ceiling
which means he's going to have to remove all the existing wires to
replace the box/add a ring and then put it all back together. Based on
past experiences, I'm afraid to even suggest that to him.

Check the ceiling box depth. It may be deep enough for the 5
cables.
--
Chris Lewis,

Please save me (and him) the research...what would be the minimum
depth for 5 cables? Isn't there also an issue with how many wires can
be nutted together in given box? I'm not sure if LF1 has screws or
pigtails. Pigtails would, obviously, mean more wires to be nutted.