Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default How Is This Switch Wired?

In article om, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Nov 6, 11:09 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:
If there is only one romex coming into the box, that is out of the
ordinary. You should have at least 2 romex, with one being the feed,
other going to LF1. Could also be other romex that tap off feed at
that point, etc.

No, that's perfectly normal -- it's called a switch leg. Power feed comes into
the box at the light fixture, and is tied to the white wire of the switch leg,
which goes to one side of the switch. The black wire of the switch leg goes to
the other side of the switch, and to the black fixture wire.

Agreed...I have no problem with the way the LF1 is switched.

But, Doug...of all people ;-) you didn't comment on why only LF2 is on
with the switch off.

That's because I'm still trying to figure it out!!

Any thoughts?

My first thought is that something there is *not* as it was described to you.

--
Regards,