Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default An unusal event at Radio Shack

On 6 Nov 2007 06:25:41 -0500, Dick Adams wrote:

wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:

I try to aviod Radio Shack unless I am desparate.
So I was desparate and went there on Friday. When
I got home the device did not work (why am I surprised?)

So I returned it on Saturday and explained the situation
to a different clerk. He actually listened to me. Not
only that he found the correct device and tested it for
me. Maybe hell has frozen over,

Radio Shack bashing needs to be countered.

If it were unfounded, I would agree with you.

Back in the days of Iron Men and Wooden Ships, Radio Shack
was a godsend for tinkerers. That continued through stero
equipment and TRS-80's and then it ended about the time
Tandy computers began to decline.

"You have problems. We have answers" has become a joke.

It certainly did when I went to a RS a couple of days ago, wanting
advice.

It's become "You have problems. We'll sell you something
and hope you don't return it."

Dick

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com