Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Ceiling tiles, dropped ceiling

Hi! Next project in line after the renters, is to replace the dropped
ceiling tiles in the kitchen.

1. Is there a preferred way to clean and then perhaps repaint the frame (if
needed) without damaging it? There is minor rust looking bits in some spots
but it may be a combination of grease and cigarette smoke. We havent done
more than look up as of yet. (My first trial will be to try wiping with 409
which may be all it needs). It's whte factory 'painted' semi-gloss metal.

2. I can see several manufacturers at the 2 LHS's (Lowes and Home Depot).
Do any know if one is better for kitchen use? They all seem the same to me
except one of them has a sort of unique swirl to it. Costs only a little
more so were going with that one unless anyone has a brand they find better
for this use. Neither LHS has a recommendation.