Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Looking for advice for purchasing a wood lathe and tools

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:28:30 -0800, Fred Holder
wrote:

You don't say where you are located and your $1,000 will not cover
this, but I just received an advertisement from a fellow in Bodega
Bay, California who is wanting to sell his entire shop for $3500. He
has two lathes (one a Nova) several Nova chucks, turning tools,
bandsaw, grinder, dust collector system, compressor, many calipers and
a heavy duty drill press all for the $3,500. Sounds lika a good buy
for someone wanting to get into turning. If you're interested, e-mail
me and I'll send you his contact information.

That sounds like a very good deal for someone starting out, especially
for name-brand (non China) machines.