Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Styrofoam ceiling

On Nov 6, 8:57 am, Pat wrote:
On Nov 5, 9:33 am, Dave wrote:

I am renovating a room with a concrete ceiling. Previous ceiling (wood paneling)
had been removed. The concrete ceiling is a bit uneven and requires smoothing
which I'd rather not do.

I am thinking of paneling the ceiling with styrofoam sheet about two inches
thick. I 've got some good quality styrofoam (smooth - not grainy) I coul just
glue there.

My question is about the lights. I haven't yet selected any lights but other
rooms have recessed halogens lights eyebulb style.

Halogens tend to get hot and styrofoam could melt . How much room should I cut
for the 50w lights? (a ball park estimate)

May I ask why you are considering a low-profile suspended ceiling with
fluorescent lights? Seems like it would give you the same result with
quite a bit less hassle.

Oops. Should be "no considering"...