Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default How to calculate concrete in a tub

In article , wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:50:21 GMT, "dadiOH"

My question is how can I calculate the amount of concrete I can put
into a 100 gallon livestock tank.

8 gallons = 1 cubic foot so the 100 gallon tank will hold 12.5 cubic
feet...not quite 1/2 yard.

1 cu ft = 7.5 gallons
100 gallons = 13.33 cu ft

Thanks.
That would do about half my shed, and thats what I'd like to do is
half at a time. 2 of these tubs should do it. I always toss a few
smaller rocks on the bottom of the forms before pouring anyhow and
that all saves concrete.

Do you happen to know what a cu. foot (or 8 gallon pail) weighs?
I am trying to figure the weight of that 100 gallon tub so I dont
overload my truck.

Concrete weighs about 150 lbs/cu ft
13.33 cu ft * 150 lbs/cu ft = one ton exactly

--
Regards,