Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Rubber Bumper for Shed

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:23:21 -0800, DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Nov 5, 4:40 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:12:24 -0000, wrote:
My kids (2.5 boys), ride their trikes down the driveway (a small, safe
incline) and use my shed to stop the ride. Eventually, they are going
to damage the wooden door.

Any thoughts about what I could use to prolong the life of the shed
door? I checked out the local HD, and didn't see anything that I
thought I could use as a safe bumper.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

All you need is a stick about 2 or 3 feet long and an inch thick.
When the kids drive their bikes into the shed, SPANK THEIR BUTTS.
Problem solved ! If i had done this as a kid I would have gotten my
butt kicked. Of course if you want to enable this behavior, you
could put up a rail using posts and a plank, and cover the surface
with half tires bolted to it.

I am wondering how long those bikes will last? Dont the brakes work
on them?

re; Dont the brakes work on them?

Trikes and/or Big Wheels don't have brakes, other than sheer leg
strength on the pedals preventing the front wheel from turning. I
wouldn't expect a 2.5 YO to have that type of strength or
coordination.

Ok, then restrict the kids to not using that hill. If they do, spank
their butts.
End of problem !