Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan Jordan is offline

Default OT - sewing machine repair

this one, and i think also the other, gets stuck in reverse. When opened, i
can return it to forwards by applying a moderate amount of assistance to the
spring return, but there is no way it will return by itself.
russ (from Oz)

I'd try applying a bit of WD40 to the hinge bearing.

Bit of a sucker for sewing machines myself, bought an Husqvarna
computerised one at garage sale. Works beaut on straight stitch, but
smashes needle immediately upon selecting anything else. Full of stepper
motors to do what was once done with simple mechanisms - I guess its
brains are scrambled. Not worth the effort of learning how to fix, I'll
avoid these in future.

Jordan