Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default An unusal event at Radio Shack

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 13:10:38 -0600, dpb wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:
I wish I could go SOMEWHERE for advice, like you used to be able to. I
wanted to find out about using a TV antenna here (for a particular
ATSC station). No, calling the station is not OK. It's 35 miles away
and I was wanting LOCAL advice.

For us, that _is_ local...

And astronomers will call some stars "local".

Actually, for the same questions last February when I was in the need to
replace the ice-broken antenna, I did call the station and talked to one
of their engineers. Along with that I was having a problem w/ a new
low-powered station competing with them and he had some useful
input--plus, in this particular instance, I think that put the bug in
their ear to go after the offender as they seem to have disappeared
since...at least, they no longer seem to be broadcasting w/ sufficient
power to interfere w/ the alloted channel in the area...

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy