Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Rubber Bumper for Shed

In article .com,
wrote:

My kids (2.5 boys), ride their trikes down the driveway (a small, safe
incline) and use my shed to stop the ride. Eventually, they are going
to damage the wooden door.

Any thoughts about what I could use to prolong the life of the shed
door? I checked out the local HD, and didn't see anything that I
thought I could use as a safe bumper.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

First, I'd suggest lining up the ignorant rednecks who advocate corporal
punishment for 2 1/2 year old kids - whose brains haven't developed to
the point where they can understand complex concepts like right and
wrong - and shooting them in the head. Beating children destroys their
self-esteem and makes them hate you.

And then, I'd build a separate sacrificial structure in front of the
shed door, far enough away that it won't interfere with getting in and
out of there.