Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Where to get outdated floor tile

"jthread" wrote in message

wrote in message
Does anyone know of any company that specializes in out dated or out
of manufacture floor tile? It never fails, one tile goes bad and the
whole floor has to be replaced because there are no longer replacement
tiles. There must be some companies that either store and sell older
tiles, or actually re-manufacture them. I did some looking on the web
and did not find anything.

ceramic or vinyl?

doesn't exist to my knowledge. tiles are made in batches and the batches
usually vary anyway. this is true with vinyl tile too but to a lesser extent

i worked at a tile store for a very short period and we were hit up with this
problem a lot. tiles are heavy and take up a lot of inventory space. nobody is
going to keep an outdated tile on hand for when one of your tile breaks or
tears unless you pick a very generic tile.

thats why you buy extra and leave them in the shed

Tile stores won't even guarantee color if you re-order 1 month later. Tile
batches vary.

Again - that's why you buy a few extra tiles.

Bob