Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on Razor Wire

In article 472f9da5@qaanaaq,
Andy Hall wrote:
Indeed. My father used to work for a garage and about 50 years ago it
was broken into. The burglar or whatever fell down an open inspection
pit and broke his leg. The owner was prosecuted. The pit should have
been covered up when not actually in use. I dunno under which act the
prosecution was brought but it was long before the days of H&S. Which
in many ways is designed to protect the employer from prosecution
rather than aid the worker.

Often in these kind of circumstances, the fine is a token or reduced
amount so that the law is served but justice is as well.

Yes - the fine wasn't large, but the cost of having an advocate attend
court probably was.

--
*In some places, C:\ is the root of all directories *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.