Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default cost of running an exhaust fan 24/7?

"HamNCheese" wrote in message
I have a bathroom exhaust fan I installed in the basement to vent out
the cat litter smell. I let this fan run 24/7. I'm debating if I
should put it on a timer to only run a few hours a day. My question
is, how much is it probably costing me a year in electricity to run
the fan all day and all night as I have been? I understand rates vary
by area, I'm just looking for a ballpark idea.

It's not just the cost of running the fan. That air is being exhausted to
the outside, and has to be replaced by other air that must be heated or
cooled to room temperature. So, your HVAC is running more, also.

Steve