Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Big problem due to time change

wrote in message
Farmers operate by the position of the sun. They can't go
out to harvest certain crops until the dew is off, and daylight
savings time "delays" their ability to start harvesting by an hour.
Instead of being able to start at noon, they can't start until 1PM.

If they don't operate by the clock, why does that matter?

The cows need to be milked at 5PM and 5AM because the milk pickup guy
works by the clock, and that clock says he picks up the milk at 8AM.
It's got to be in the tank and cold when he comes, or it doesn't get
picked up at all and must be dumped on the ground.

OK, understandable

The farmer's lost
an hour of valuable harvest time because of daylight savings.

How so? The sun goes down at the same time no matter what the clock says.
If the farmer is not operating buy the clock, that should not matter.

No, daylight savings time is for the city folks and suburbanites, so
they have an extra hour of "play" time after work during the summer.

Partly true, some of us do take advantage of that time to do some work when
we get home. If I was in charge of time, I'd keep DST year round where I am
in the time zone, maybe move it another hour ahead..