Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread jthread is offline

Default cost of running an exhaust fan 24/7?

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:04:27 +0000, jthread wrote:

"HamNCheese" wrote in message
I have a bathroom exhaust fan I installed in the basement to vent out
the cat litter smell. I let this fan run 24/7. I'm debating if I
should put it on a timer to only run a few hours a day. My question
is, how much is it probably costing me a year in electricity to run
the fan all day and all night as I have been? I understand rates vary
by area, I'm just looking for a ballpark idea.

not sure but a burlap sack and a rock is a lot cheaper.

Hey I missed your post about that heater switch. Did you post a reply as
to a part number?

yeah. but it came back on by itself. I think it's the pressure to the
switch. it does this some times when i change the valves to spa. it will act
like it's not going to start up or like the switch is kicking on and off. it
may be clogged up and the guy that replaced the switch last time didn't
check it. i'm going to check it again today.

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_heat...rs_telstar.htm

my switch looks just like this one

http://www.lowpricedpoolsupply.com/s...rs-3903bp.html

thanks