Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Sprinkler system underground leak help

Dave FL wrote:
Yep, got a leak somewhere. Did the timing thing with the water meter
and found the three largest zones use most of the water.

My Problem: water bill came to $400.00 one month and $500.00 the next
month. Stopped using the sprinklers and dropped to $50 - $60/Mo.
My Guess: underground sprinkler leak
My Question: What is the easiest way to check the lines for a leak?
My Answer (up for review): Take out the sprinkler heads in each zone
and cap off the line, run the sprinkler water and see if meter turns.

Need help to see if this is the best way to check the lines, or will a
divining rod be better?

Dave FL

Does your neighbor have a pool?

Is there a new bog in your neighborhood?

200,000 gallons of water over two months is a LOT of water.

200,000 gallons = 27,000 cu ft = 10'x45'x6' pool, or a little less than half
an Olympic swimming pool.