Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave FL Dave FL is offline

Default Sprinkler system underground leak help

On Nov 5, 12:11 pm, BobK207 wrote:

If you have a leak somewhere there has got to be a rather large soggy
spot.

Can't find any, it could be possible that since I live in Florida, the
soil below 1-2 feet is sandy, and could be soaking it up?

Are the sprinkler valves electric? Can they be turned off manually
(individually)?

Hunter sprinkler system with a Rain Bird controller

(I assume you cut off water to the sprinkler valve manifold) that the
"leak" is a faulty sprinkler valve not a line failure.

I have checked all of the valves (had to replace one solenoid) and
they are not filling up with water when running. I have only turned
off the rain bird control, not the incoming water at the backflow
preventer (Two knobs, 1 for interior & 1 for exterior)

Are some the heads in one of the zones wet constantly?

No, even with the main still on and RB turned off

Dave FL