Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Sprinkler system underground leak help

Dave FL wrote:
Yep, got a leak somewhere. Did the timing thing with the water meter
and found the three largest zones use most of the water.

My Problem: water bill came to $400.00 one month and $500.00 the
next month. Stopped using the sprinklers and dropped to $50 -
$60/Mo.
My Guess: underground sprinkler leak
My Question: What is the easiest way to check the lines for a leak?
My Answer (up for review): Take out the sprinkler heads in each zone
and cap off the line, run the sprinkler water and see if meter
turns.

Need help to see if this is the best way to check the lines, or
will a divining rod be better?

Feel the supply lines (to sprinklers) at the manifolds. The pipe will
be cooler if water is running (leak) than when not since the
ground/sun warms static water in the pipe.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...