Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread jthread is offline

Default Rubber Bumper for Shed

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"jthread" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
My kids (2.5 boys), ride their trikes down the driveway (a small, safe
incline) and use my shed to stop the ride. Eventually, they are going
to damage the wooden door.

Any thoughts about what I could use to prolong the life of the shed
door? I checked out the local HD, and didn't see anything that I
thought I could use as a safe bumper.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

A nearby state park has a huge hill that they open for inner-tube
sliding when it's snowing. Trees and other hard objects are padded with
bales of hay. Works nicely. For your purposes, put a thick rope around
the bale so you can drag it out of the way easily. When the hay begins
to decompose, spread it somewhere as mulch.

i wouldn't do that. it would hold the moisture against the shed.

That's the reason for the ropes - to move the bales away. Almost anything
he attaches to the door is going to trap moisture.

I'm not sure u want to go there. you even said yourself when the hay
decomposes. he said it was a wood door. I had a similar situation in new
mexico. I had a compost pile near my shed and the over flow started to rot
the shed. A good rule of thumb is anything you put on your walls, make sure
the rain runs off easily and you definitely wouldn't use anything that can
trap moisture. like hay.