Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread jthread is offline

Default Rubber Bumper for Shed

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
My kids (2.5 boys), ride their trikes down the driveway (a small, safe
incline) and use my shed to stop the ride. Eventually, they are going
to damage the wooden door.

Any thoughts about what I could use to prolong the life of the shed
door? I checked out the local HD, and didn't see anything that I
thought I could use as a safe bumper.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

A nearby state park has a huge hill that they open for inner-tube sliding
when it's snowing. Trees and other hard objects are padded with bales of
hay. Works nicely. For your purposes, put a thick rope around the bale so
you can drag it out of the way easily. When the hay begins to decompose,
spread it somewhere as mulch.

i wouldn't do that. it would hold the moisture against the shed.