Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default OT (very) but a good hint

Bob wrote:
"Lou" wrote in message
oups.com...
Each sex has a role: Women make the little decisions, like where
the kids go
to school, where we live, whether the man should ask for a raise.
Men make
the BIG decisions: Is there life on Mars, should we bomb Iran,
Will J-Lo and
K-Fed get back together.

There you are. It's in the Book.

Sometimes it great not to read.

Ya' never know what direction any topic will take. Anyway, since,
my comment about getting my wife to clean a peanut butter jar, there
have been several comments; some pro and some con. I'm going to set
the record straight.

My lovely wife of 54 years has always and will always anything I
tell (or sometimes ask if I am in a good mood) her to do. Cleaning
peanut butter jars is nothing, but I also treat her very good.

For example, in 1972, I bought her a car of her own. It was a dull
gray 1956 Nash Rambler, a real jewel. She still has that car and I
allow her to use at least once a week to go to the grocery store.
Sometimes I let her go twice a week, it depends if I need more beer
or not.

I have taught her to change oil in her Nash and now allow her to do
it without my direct supervision. I also let her change shock
absorbers a couple times and she can now do that alone as well. I
buy her gifts as well. Last month, I got her a modern vacuum
cleaner to replace the old one (bought in 1958), and she loves it.

I could go on about all the things I do for my wife, like the new
deer rifle so I can get some food for us to eat, etc. But you see,
we have a great working relationship. She does whatever I want her
to do, and I treat her real well to show my appreciation.
Bob-tx

Thanks for a fun post:-))

LouB