Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Big problem due to time change

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:01:09 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 01:48:32 -0600, wrote:

While the time was in daylight savings time mode, I always fed my dog

snip
hate to lose my dog as a result of this time changing. My dog is my
best buddy and he needs the best of care.

Norman

I wish the government would not mess with our clocks! I still have
not changed all of them. To make matters worse there are a couple
places in the US that refused the time-changes. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

This proves how stupid they are. The supposed reason for the time
change is so the kids going to school have light when they leave in
the morning. I can totally understand this, but DUH, HUH, DUH......
Wouldn't it make more sense to just make the schools start an hour
later on the first weekend in November when we have to change the
clocks and leave the rest of the world alone? If there are a few
businesses that want to follow the same policy, let them do the same
on their own accord. After all, schools and businesses set their own
agenda anyhow, and if they want to change their schedule, let them.
Heck, some businesses have 3 shifts and are open 24 hours a day.
Those that work the graveyard shift are always going to work in the
dark. I guess the government dont think we as individuals, or
schools, or businesses are smart enough to make and adapt our
schedules, so they have to do it for us.

Of course, we're not smart enough people to decide whether we want to
wear seatbelts, allow smoking in our restaurants, know what time to
close a bar, determine what sexes are allowed to marry, who can
install our plumbing, and much more. Lets face it. We the people are
complete idiots. We must have the government to think for us, or we
would all perish. We need them for our survival. And of course they
need us to keep paying all their fines for not wearing a seatbelt and
so on, or they'd all have to stop driving their limosines and begin
driving compact cars. Heaven forbid that.....