Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
[email protected] dicecollector@gmail.com is offline

Default Looking for advice for purchasing a wood lathe and tools

On Nov 5, 11:35 am, "Stephen M"
wrote:
No, not really. You're comming at it from a spinde point of view. 450RPM is
plenty slow for a 4x4 between centers. It's the 10-14" diameter bowl blank
of green wood that gets scary

Yikes ... yea ... I can imagine that would be scary

BTW ... I did find http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...Number=2812491
.... which discusses the 2 models in question ... and there are of
course pro's and cons to each ... I was hoping for more choices within
the price range ... but it seems there really arent any ... even
Grizzly doenst have something comparable until about $1300