Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default More on Razor Wire

On 5 Nov, 17:43, Huge wrote:

It's entirely possible to protect the rights of the law abiding and withdraw
them, to a large extent, for law breakers.

PS I should just add that in the particular instance we're talking
about, the law about keeping your property safe for visitors,
including trespassers, has got nothing whatsoever to do with human
rights. Most of what the Human Rights Act gets blamed for has nothing
to do with the Human Rights Act. The rule we're talking about comes
from the principle of occupiers' liability, which predates the Human
Rights Act by a long way.

Along with "data protection" and "heath and safety", "human rights" is
used as a scapegoat for all sorts of things.

Human Rights regulate relationships between citizen and state, not
between private citizens.

End of law lecture.

Cheers!

Martin