Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default More on Razor Wire

On 5 Nov, 17:43, Huge wrote:

It's entirely possible to protect the rights of the law abiding and withdraw
them, to a large extent, for law breakers.

Since we're going wildly off-topic I have to say - rubbish! Human
rights are in principle rights of the citizen against the state. They
exist to stop the state abusing its powerful position against all of
us. It's when the state starts accusing you of being a criminal and of
breaking state-made laws that human rights are at their most
important. To my mind that's the mark of a civilised society. If you
want to live somewhere where they torture you when you get on the
wrong side of the law and stone you and amputate bits of you when
you're convicted I believe parts of the middle east and asia might
suit you. You can festoon your house with razor wire there to your
heart's content and shoot the little bleeders on sight, ask questions
later.

Cheers!

Martin