Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default cost of running an exhaust fan 24/7?

The simple answer to your question is:

Roughly 25-30 cents a day for a small fan at typical electric rates.

A large blower in a very expensive electricity area of the country could
cost maybe a dollar a day or so.

Smarty

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
sssfffaa wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:12:25 -0800, HamNCheese
wrote:

I have a bathroom exhaust fan I installed in the basement to vent out
the cat litter smell. I let this fan run 24/7. I'm debating if I
should put it on a timer to only run a few hours a day. My question
is, how much is it probably costing me a year in electricity to run
the fan all day and all night as I have been? I understand rates vary
by area, I'm just looking for a ballpark idea.

That's disgusting! have you ever thought of just cleaning the litter
box on a regular basis you damn slob?

You obviously either don't have a cat or you nose has become accustomed
to litter box smell. You can clean it 3 times a day, and there will still
be some
smell. Also, I find that the oder of some brands of litter to be just as
offensive and the cat smell itself.